Sun dancing through the trees. A tea party in a backyard garden, surrounded by a hundred dancing grasshoppers, and gazed upon by more flower faces. Beautiful people, beautiful conversation. Fairies greeting and singing with our souls. I was transplanted into a magical world, where anything was possible.
I am grateful for the lovely host, and random appearance and reappearance as a character in the drama of my life. For her invitation, smile and light.
I am grateful for grasshoppers. As a child I would watch them, chase them, catch them, but most of all I would leap with them. My brother would shoot them with BB guns. Bless his heart. Silly boys. Random facts, gracias to wikipedia: Female grasshoppers are often larger than males, and have shorter ovipositors (tubular organ through which eggs are deposited). There are more than 11,000 species of grasshoppers. I am pulled back to a time of fairy tales, the grasshopper and the ant, and the sense of antiquity that arises when one gazes upon the creatures.
I am grateful for flowers, their smiling faces and personalities enriching an afternoon and a life. Their colors and aromas connecting us back to the divine. I am reminded of the "Flower Sermon," by Buddha, in which he gazed upon a flower. One spectator understood, and was enlightened. They are a channel, a vortex. Flowers are incredible, in their adaptations and ways of interacting with the world and the creatures they encounter. Their hardiness and determination to bloom. They are one of the embellishments that completes a life.
It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment