Friday, July 22, 2011

Influences

When I was a little girl I had a number of heros; people as well as fictional characters whom I admired and aspired to be like. It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that one of these characters, who I continue to admire and aspire to be like is Anne. You know, of Green Gables. The character who epitomizes Anne for me is Megan Follows in the series produced by CBC. Though fictional, she is real to so many people, and a bosom buddy to me.

I love Anne's spunk, her creativity, her talent, enthusiasm and love of life, ability to adapt, her drive, and I could go on. But something that I have thought about lately, and would like to express more in my own life is the fearlessness demonstrated by Anne. She is not afraid to do what she feels is right, even though she may be punished, criticized or ridiculed. She also seems to have the courage to leap into the dark in order to experience a new adventure.

I feel like I used to express this more, but have lost some of my courage, or gained more fear. It is a process, this thing we call life. Every day is new, but can quickly be wasted in monotony and mindlessness. I would like to be full of life, enjoying experiences, and saying yes to opportunities. Perhaps I should read about my dear friend Anne to find inspiration. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment