Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Addictions

So, I am not a huge video game player. I have dabbled with them throughout my youth. Mostly on long summer days, and when my brother miraculously invited me to duel him. I usually did not get very far; would beat a handful of levels, and then die, get frustrated, and do something else. A nice book, or perhaps a movie. However, there are a few games that once I start playing, I become something of an addict for a varying period of time. Three to be exact. In chronological order:
I like farming, building civilizations, and towns, and occasionally war. I don't usually play this game to destroy the enemy, though, admittedly, this is very fun to do every now and again. My favorite is playing this game with other people that I know. My brother, when I was dating/married my first husband we played with his friends, my friends, my step-dad, the works. 
This was my second addiction. I actually beat this game, and I think it may be the only Nintendo game that I have beaten, every level, or in this case page, and nearly every level on every page. The sounds and graphics are perhaps a little juvenile, but I am not ashamed to admit that I am a big fan of this game. Very fun, but for me, something of an amateur, still challenging. 
This is my most recent addiction, discovered in the past month or so. The premise of this game is stupidly simple. You have plants, you plant them. Zombies attack, and you have to use plants to fight them off. But, I have played this game for hours on multiple occasions. I sucks me in! I say one more level, and then ten levels later, I am telling myself that this will be the last level I do, and then I am taking a break. And... you get the picture. I am sure the initial obsession will weaken with time. But I feel very silly every time I have "wasted" three hours playing this game. 

Images obtained from here, here and here.
[note, more for me than for anyone reading, but I had planned to post this yesterday, but then had issues with acquiring internet access... one of those things, do you best, and don't be to hard on yourself when your best is "less."]

No comments:

Post a Comment