Lately I have been coming back to the thought of "always do your best." Sometimes your best is all that and a ten dollar bill. Sometimes it is hardly adequate. But giving the most I have to offer in that moment, or for that day and not beating myself up when I slack or slide. Trying to let go of thoughts such as "I should be doing this or that." To ask myself, what can I do. This applies to goals that I have. Sometime I can cross them off, and sometimes I can't or don't for one reason or another. I have also been thinking a lot about the idea of accepting, and how it really can be one of the most powerful ways to interact with the world. Do you best, just for now, and accept that your best will change from moment to moment, and that is alright. Accept that you cannot control or change anything external to yourself. You cannot will something to be, especially when the agency of another is involved.
[Don't remember where I took this image, sorry]

No comments:
Post a Comment